Are you unable to work because you have suffered a serious and permanent injury?
You may be able to claim on the insurances under an existing superannuation policy for either or both income payments during the period of disability (income protection/salary continuance) and/or a lump sum for Total and Permanent Disablement (‘TPD’).
Many superannuation polices incorporate insurance to cover you of financial protection in the event of serious accident or injury. You may also have separate policies outside of your superannuation for income protection, TPD and trauma. There are generally qualifying periods for insurance claims which vary from policy to policy (but most often 3 months).
It is important to understand when you are covered and what for under these policies. Policies of insurance vary from one to another in terms of the level of coverage and the qualifying milestones. Some TPD policies cover you only in the event that you are incapacitated for the occupation for which you have specific education, experience and training, while others require that you are incapacitated for any occupation regardless of your training and experience.
This Service Includes
- Perform the initial no obligation insurance claims assessment
- Obtain your detailed instructions and reviewing any medical reports and clinical notes
- Obtain and review the specific policy schedule and product guide relevant to your policy
- Correspond with the insurer to notify and lodge your initial claims application and supporting documents
- Obtain all relevant medical evidence to support your claim
- Correspondence and submissions to the insurer
- Review the decision and make application for internal review where the claim is declined
- Lodge an application with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority in the event that the internal review is unsuccessful
- Issue and conduct Court proceedings
The law is complex and often insurers refuse to pay out on policies without a fight.
You need an expert insurance claim lawyer to fight for your future financial security. Call to speak with one of our experienced insurance claim lawyers today. No win/no fee options apply.