You may be upset about the way that you have been treated under a deceased person’s will.
It may be that you have been left out of the will altogether or that you have been left an insufficient amount having regard to your relationship with the deceased person.
Certain people defined under the Succession Act 2006 as ‘eligible persons’, have the right to bring a claim for Family Provision Orders in the Supreme Court of New South Wales to remedy the imbalance under the deceased’s Will. There are various categories of eligible persons, some of which need to show a special moral obligation was owed to them by the deceased person.
However, there are many considerations for the Court in deciding whether it should disturb the deceased’s wished as expressed under their last will (or as the law of intestacy dictates if the person died without a Will) and make Family Provision Orders.
It is extremely important that you obtain the advice of an experienced estate lawyer who can advise you on the likely success of your claim and the range of outcomes if you were to make a claim.
At The Law Office of Conrad Curry our lawyers have been acting for clients in family provision claims for over 25 years and have the experience and expertise in estate claims to ensure you obtain the best outcome.
As you only have 12 months from the date of the deceased person’s death to make a claim, it is important that you seek expert advice early.
Our Services Include:
- Initial consultation to assess your prospects of making a successful claim
- Obtaining a copy of the Will from the lawyers handling the estate
- Expert advice as to the likely success in the claim
- Comprehensive preparation of all evidence in support of your claim
- Commencing proceedings and appearing for you in court at every step of the matter
- Assessing the strength of the estate’s evidence in the proceedings
- Appearing and advising you at mediation of informal settlement conference in an effort to resolve the proceedings before a court hearing
- Appearing for you at hearing if necessary
- Advising you at every step
We offer no win/no fee options (subject to conditions).
If you need an experienced lawyer with a proven track record in acting for claimants for Family Provision call the Law Office of Conrad Curry or book online for an obligation free discussion.