We provide sound advice and representation in home building disputes, to help you achieve the best possible outcome.
Building a home is commonly held dream, but regrettably disputes may arise with your builder which sour the whole experience. It is extremely important that you seek legal advice early, or the consequences could be financially disastrous.
As a Homeowner entering a contract with a builder for the construction of a dwelling, there are some fundamental things that you must understand:
- The legal requirements for a valid building contract
- Which documents form part of the contract
- The insurances which must provided by law by the builder
- The potential for the price under the contract to increase with prime cost items, provisional sums and variations
- The requirement to pay progress claims when called on by the builder
- The builder’s right to suspend work for non-payment of progress claims
- The builder’s right to seek extensions of time
- Your rights to end an agreement with your builder
- The approach which you are required to take if you fall into dispute with your builder
- What rights you have at law to recover compensation for defective and incomplete work.
Here’s how we can help:
- We can advise you of your legal rights and obligations when a dispute arises
- Assistance in getting the contract back on track
- Ensure that you follow the proper process to end the contract if you cannot resolve the dispute with the builder
- Ensure that you follow the appropriate dispute resolution processes if the contract is ended
- Act for you in the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT)